Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Allow me to Introduce myself...


I was born and raised in New Orleans, Louisiana. August 23, 1984 was the day. I’m the oldest of three; I have a sister Kendra and a brother Jordan. My Parents are Charleyne and John Lacarbiere Jr. I graduated valedictorian from John McDonough Sr. High School class of 2002. Ok enough of the history…
Writing has always been a passion for me. I think I wrote my first poem when I was like 8 or 9. I wish I could remember what it was. I really got into it when I started high school. I used to write poems almost every day. I remember I wrote this one poem about Jordan’s, tennis shoes that I love to wear, and performed it in front of the class. The response I received from it made me want to not only write but read my poems to people. I read a few poems at Dillard University. I used to be a student there.
I tend to write poems about everyday life. Not my life in particular but the average everyday life. Just recently I had a hard time dealing with the death of my father, who was one of the many victims of Hurricane Katrina. Although I didn’t really show it, it hurt me a lot. I evacuated to Houston and it was there I wrote a lot of the my personal poems. I think I was mildly depressed.
As far as my style of writing goes, I don’t have just one set style. Some are poetic while others just be…you’ll see. I use profanity in some but nothing disrespectful. I write whatever comes to my head. I could be at work, school, driving and an idea pops up. I truly love what I do and feel I should share it with the world.
Warning Parental Discretion is advised… I always wanted to say that.

0 comments: