Tuesday, March 24, 2009

JUST THE TWO OF US(FOR JOANNA)

What up ma!
What up pa! Was my response...
Damn girl u are fine as wine
And u should be mine...
And I was like that's fine as long as you take care of me and mines...
And he was like that's fine...

Fast forward to the first date...
Food on our plate...
Steak...
I mean he was goin all out
Sayin girl I really like you...
And...
Givin me compliments...
Noticing how my hair was did...
Cuz see when we first met I had it wrapped...
Anyway...
He asked me why a beautiful woman like me was single...
I said u sure u wanna know...
He said yes...
I took a sip from my glass of merlot...
And told him this...

Everyman seems to be intimidated by me and my baby...
She all I have in this world
And I love my baby girl
All I want is what's best for her...
So I work...
Sometimes 40 hrs a week...
There's days I don't sleep...
In order to make sure she has what she needs...
Cuz see for her I sacrifice me...
Including beauty...
That explains why when u met me I had my head wrapped...
See most men try to figure where my head at...
Or why it's not in their lap...
And I refuse to be their freak...
Cuz for any reason I might have to leave...
I don't want anyone to tell my baby girl her mother was a hoe...
No...
So maybe that's why I'm single...
Cuz I'm a fulltime mother
And a part time lover...
But that shouldn't stop me from being happy...
It's sad to think all men are the same...
And sometimes I blame
Her father...
Cuz he left me to raise her alone...
Young...
And I don't blame him for getting me pregnant...
Cuz that was a decision we both made...
But for the baby he could have stayed...
Not with me
But with her...
Our little girl...
Sorry for these tears but it hurts...
To think in this world
All I'm worth is a man tryin to get under my skirt...
If only they had the patience to see...
I'm a lady...
And I would be everything they need...
Only if they are there for me...
And my baby girl...
Cuz she is all I have in this world...
So tell me sir...
Is it you...

0 comments: