Monday, September 28, 2009

Update on the work I've been Doing

As you all know I'm a poet. Just recently I Recorded with super producer Deezle who produced Lil Wayne Carter III Album. I did a poem on a album he was working on.

I was selected as A Citylebrity in July's Citylebrity fashion show. Me along with other significant figures in the city of New Orleans were honored for the work we do. It was an amazing experience and it felt kind of good walking the runway. I felt like a star LOL.

Also I'm in this play called "The Last Chance" I currently attend rehearsals for it. I play a political prisoner who is actually a poet as well. The character name is Clinton... It's scheduled to be staged sometime in December @ Dillard University. I will let yall know exact dates as soon as I get them.

Last week I was a guest speaker at my old High school John Mcdonogh. I read some of my poems and the the class were given topics to write from. Respect, trust, dreams, tragedy, and life were the topics. The class then read in front of everyone and I gave my opinions and explained different ways to write. The students were inspired and so was I. I was asked to come back and I agreed. I was also asked to possibly start a poetry club so I'm working on that as well hopefully that works out...

I also started my own literacy program. I'm currently a guest teacher at St. Mary's Academy. I teach 3 different classes creative writing all 8th grade students. My first day was last thurs and I will do it every Tuesday and Thursday. What an amazing experience it is thus far. To actually teach and give assignments and homework. To be appreciated by the students. They actually enjoyed coming to class. I made it fun for them. They are learning to express themselves creatively and are happy about doing so. That inspires me to continue doing what I do... mind you it is 100% volunteer work.

I also have been writing everyday and working on my next book "Sex with my Notebook." My first book "I write To..." has officially sold out but I will have some more avalible soon. I just released a new book titled "Foreplay" My New book "Foreplay" is the setup for "Sex With My Notebook" and is now available for order 112 pgs. only $5 and comes with a additional free ebook titled "The I Write To... Teaser" ... It's totally digital and you will be able to read it on your computer/phone/iPhone/iPod
.. touch/or e-reader or you can simply print it out... if you love my work you will love this book.
THIS IS A SECURE PURCHASE THROUGH PAYPAL AND YOU DONT NEED A PAYPAL ACCOUNT TO ORDER
HOW IT WORKS IS YOU ORDER THE BOOK. I THEN RECEIVE A CONFORMATION EMAIL WITH UR PAYMENT INFO. ONCE I GET THAT I THEN EMAIL YOU THE BOOKS. YOU THEN DOWNLOAD IT TO UR COMPUTER OR PHONE AND ENJOY...
YALL WILL FIND THE ORDER BUTTON ON THE SIDE OF YOUR SCREEN

Right now my main focus is giving back and reaching the students. So I'm putting a lot of my energy towards that. I enjoy it and it is very inspirational to not only me but the children I teach. I currently have a regular job as well that supports my bills and food but I would like to have more time to work on my literacy program. That is why I try to sell as many books as possible and I also accept donations. So I please ask that yall show me some support. I'm trying to make a difference and reach people through poetry. thank yall for reading. PEACE.

John Lacarbiere III(John L.)

0 comments: